Monday, May 5, 2008

Can you Hand Jive??

I was thinking yesterday of all the events that have
ever gone on at Meme and Papa's house. When
you walk around it's really a weird feeling. How many
weddings, receptions, baby showers, Fathers Days,
Fourths of July wow you could go on and on. The summers
Mel and Renee stayed, the Christmases we've had. If walls
could talk we could write a book!!

Things look smaller the older I get and it still feels
odd that Meme is not there. I spent hours with her
in the wash room sewing and cutting for her. Playing on
that old type writer she had.
I hate all the things she misses, its sad to think about
how when you die life just keeps going for the others
you left behind. It doesn't seem fair to miss parties
like we had yesterday but I felt her there
watching us smiling down on our Cati and being as
proud of her as we all our. :)


This is the last wave of people that just couldn't
get enough!! Thanks everyone for coming,
we had a great day. We love you Cati!!!!

This is Skye's first attempt at Soccer, she is confused
on which goal is hers. (Last week she scored in the
wrong goal.) Look at her jersey, yes that is paint
from where they GAMED up for a game. She still has
blue paint in her hair!!!!


Savannah was in the talent show at school this week.
This was the ending pose for hand jive. She was
a dancing queen!!!

2 comments:

Cati Basile said...

I know what you mean!! It's crazy.. You know she woulda been all over the place talking to people.. telling ridiculous stories about us when we were 'lil..

thank you so much for all you did!
I ♥ you guys!

Deb Davis said...

I soo see your face under Skye's hair!!! Along with Meme being around us and enjoying what was going on (she always loved a party!) she is also in every one of our hearts! I love the pic of Vanna--she's a performer for sure!